Keyport Recycling Department Poster Contest Rules 2017
The Borough of Keyport’s Recycling Department invites Keyport’s children to showcase their artistic talent and their commitment to the environment by participating in the 5th Annual Poster Contest. This poster contest will help us achieve our goal of increasing knowledge of the three R's: reduce, reuse, and recycle.
The grand-prize winner will have a banner created from their poster that will be displayed at the Recycling Table at town activities and events throughout the year. Additional winners will also be awarded prizes.
All children must be residents of Keyport. The eligible age groups are: 4-6, 7-9, and 10-12.
The Keyport Recycling Committee Poster Contest will have the following theme: “Earth Matters! – Tell Us Why?”
Specific rules for Posters:
1. Posters created by students must be their own original artwork.
2. Posters must be submitted on paper or poster board and may be no larger than 8.5" x 11" in size
and layout must be PORTRAIT only! No landscape entries can be eligible for the grand-prize
winner. Only portrait layout will work for printing on the banner.
3. No copyrighted characters or magazine names may be used.
4. Any medium except pencil is acceptable (crayon, marker, paint, ink. etc.).
5. Do not use plastic sticker letters.
6. Do not glue or tape objects on posters (often such objects are lost during handling).
7. Each student may only submit one entry.
8. Entry forms must be firmly affixed to the back of the posters and information should be facing out
so that it can be read.
9. Entries must be received at Borough Hall 2nd Floor Administration office by 4 p.m., Friday,
May 12th. Entries can also be brought to Community Day and dropped off at the Recycling
Department’s table on May 6, 2017.
Each poster must have the entry form securely fastened to the back of the poster. The posters will be reviewed by the Keyport Recycling Committee and there will be one grand-prize winner, as well as additional winners.
Please contact the Recycling Department at 732-739-5154 if you have any questions or need additional information.