4/30/2011 - OPERATION MEDICINE CABINET
We are calling on all Keyport residents to pay special attention to their
medicine cabinets. The Keyport Police Department is participating in
"Operation Take Back" in an effort to avoid potential misuse and abuse
of over-the-counter and prescription medicine.
"Operation Take Back" is a statewide effort being spearheaded by the
DEA New Jersey Division, the NJ Office of the Attorney General and the
Partnership for a Drug-Free New Jersey. This initiative is available for all residents to properly dispose of their unused, unwanted and expired medicine. It is a coordinated effort to bring public attention to this issue that is impacting our youth, our families and our communities. Law enforcement is concerned with the alarming trend in the misuse and abuse of prescription drugs with the potential access to these drugs coming from the medicine cabinets of family and friends.
As a result we are asking everyone check you medicine cabinets for an
unused, unwanted and expired medicine. Bring them to the Keyport Police Department located at 70 West Front Street, Keyport, NJ on Saturday, April 30, 2011 from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM.
1. Anyone can drop off medication into a designated container with no questions asked.
2. This program is anonymous and you should deposit medication freely & independently.
3. No effort will be made to count, inventory or log medications.
4. No one other than the depositor will handle the medication placed into the container.
5. You may dispose of medication in its original container or dispose directly into the box.
6. Please remove prescription label if it contains any identifying information.
7. Liquid products, such as cough medicine, should remain sealed in their original container. Please check that the cap is tightly sealed to prevent leakage.
8. An officer will remain with the drug disposal box during deposit times to maintain and safe-guard the integrity of the disposed items.
9. After the collection time has concluded the box will be sealed and disposed of in the proper manner.
Please Contact Lieutenant George Casaletto at 732-739-5149 or email
firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions regarding Operation Take Back.
Thank you for participating.